Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hunting The Lights - Part IV ( Journey Up North part I)

I took me 3 hot chocolates to encourage myself to lift my butt off the hotel's chair. If I have other choice, then I will want to stay forever in Tromso. But well, time to go...I arrived couple minutes before my ride hit the pier, so I had enough time to take some close-up of her.



Isn't she is a beauty???

This time, I will ride on Hurtigruten MS Polarlys. In term of size, this is the smallest "passanger boat" I ever took in my life, but have someone already told you about "small is beautiful", so does Polarlys. This is the cutest passanger boat (they called it postal boat in Norway) I've ever seen. It's so cute, it took me about 30 minutes to explore the all levels of this boats LOL.

Polarlys is a descent size of passanger boat. It has a nice size restaurant, bar, panoramic bar and a 24 hours cafetaria. Don't try to compare it with any "leisure cruise ships" because they are just incomparable. I should say, even for me, the size of the bedroom is small, something around 3 meters x 2 meters, with a very standard amenities, and in this case, I am not trying to describe on details about the size of the bathroom in that size of room, you guess it ;) But again, since this is the most challenging part of this journey, put behind all the luxury and try to enjoy yourself with the basic. The restaurant, even it's small, but it served great foods in small portion, but again, it's one of those delicious foods you will find on those 5 stars gourmet restaurants. I will tell you in detail about my favorite parts of the boat next time, for the moment, I will just go through the list of facilities they have. Ok, so, they have a tiny sauna, a limited playing room for children, a 3-computer internet "cafe", a small but packed souvenir shop, and a travel advisory center. There were also 2 mail boxes on the ship, one in front of the souvenir shop, and the other one on the receptionist area. If you drop your mail on the one at the souvenir shop, then your mail will have the post mark of the boat. If you drop it to the one at the receptionist area, then your mail will have the post mark of the next stop of the boat from the local postal office, depends on when you drop your mail. But if you want your mail marked with the post mark of Nordkapp, then you have to carry your mail all by yourself to the Nordkapp, and drop it into one of those famous red mail box at the Nordkapp Hall.

(to be continued...)

No comments: