Thursday, November 26, 2009

Trip to Tozeur (Part II)

Oasis Chebika

We leaved Tozeur to visit one of the famous Oasis - Chebika. It's an-hour something road trip, on a bumpy road, I even made a joke with my friend that I couldn't image if I was driving a Smart car instead sitting on the Toyota Land Cruiser LOL. Anyway, the view is magnificent, we even had chance to see the camel's feeding on the road side (without stopping our car).



Above is the picture of the Village of Chebika taken from the top of the hill, just behind it. It's one of the ancient village in Tozeur area, people lived in their traditional way of living, simple but interesting. Children ran around the street to waved hello to us when they say the line of about 60 4x4-car, what invaders we were.

Hike a bit left and right, we finally arrived in a passage which will led us to the real oasis. At the beginning, I was a bit disappointed when I arrived in a "sort of Oasis" place with dried canals. I was imagining what kind of scam was waiting for me after this, since I found more souvenir sellers than any drop of refreshing water. A bit more into the depth of the limestone wall, we arrived at the real Oasis, and this one is really a breathtaking one. It was WOW....awesome, paradise, reliefing...you name it.



Now I totally understand why in the history, they talked about Khalifa was desperate looking for Oasis in their cross-desert journey. It's a paradise in the middle of the dusty hell.

Leaving the Oasis, we were facing the rocky slope. Let me tell you a funny thing, there was a lady, worse of all, she was actually our guide, who wore a long skirt plus a high-heel boots, by the end, she had to took off her boots and walk bare feet until the parking LOL. Ok, back to business, so, according to the guide, we had to walk through the rocky slope, and passed a narrow pass to arrived at the Parking, what a complicated way. But look at the good side, we were actually arrived at the peak of the slope just in time for the sunset. It's one of the most beautiful sunset in mylife. The blend of colors contrast between sands, rocks, and sky.




(To be continued...)


No comments: