Friday, November 27, 2009

Trip to Tozeur (Part III)

Dinner at Dar Cheraït

After the visit to the Oasis, I pretty much would like to refresh myself by taking a shower. However, that's actually the beginning of how I found out the defect that I have in my room. I don't have any "COLD WATER" ran in my toilet. By the end, I finished up my shower by pouring the mineral water from the bottle, the most expensive shower I ever took in my life.

Based on the program, we should walked to Dar Cheraït for our first formal dinner which was just about 50 meters away from our hotel , Sofitel Palm Beach. (I still don't understand why they called it Palm Beach, there were no beach at Tozeur, not in the approximate of 100 kms, whatever). But since I had to spend more time with my "expensive" shower, I ended up a bit late to arrive at hotel's lobby, and almost everyone had gone.

Those 50 meters road was the longest 50 meters I ever did in my life. I almost took of my shoes (I wore high-heels) and ran if I didn't see the hotel's gate right away. People on the street was "over friendly" they shouted and teased you, which made me freak out.

Anyway, arrived at Dar Cheraït, this is another palace in the middle of the economy suffered country. It's too glamour considering what they prepared for us, and imagine what others had in their kitchen at the same day. It's sad :(




I didn't spend much time on the food, I felt like to walk around it's museum which is small ,and honestly, nothing was really interesting.

(to be continued....)

No comments: