Sunday, August 22, 2010

First (ever) lomography camera


When I stopped by at Photo Vision at Laussane yesterday, my sole purpose is to look for antique cameras (for my collection and deco at home) - all they have is only a "not so good shape" Kodak folding Rangefinder dated back to 1948. Just when I went out of the store, and gave my last glance to its window...I found couple of Lomography cameras there, yay!!!!!!!

Well...most of the Lomography cameras they have are Fish-Eye style, which interest me the least (since I have a real fish-eye lens at home, Canon EF-15mm f2.8 USM fish eye). They only have 4 Diana F+ lomography camera (series Glow in the dark, El Toro, Mr. Pink, and the one I got for myself, Tokyo Rising) and 1 Lomography multi lenses camera (chrome series, I bought this one too LOL).

So this Diana F+ Tokyo Rising is my first (ever) lomography and medium format camera. It's quite a bit tricky for me to load the film on it, since I have no idea what the 120 film is all about. Fortunately, the manual instruction book is quite handy with its step by step instruction. Nothing really complicate about this camera, all is manual, and operate it on the simplest way (I've ever known).

In a period of 24-hour, I've used up the film -  Kodak 120 VC, for now, all I could say is...be patient, cause it takes 1 week for the pro-lab to develop the film for me (can't be develop in any photo service due to the format). Once I've got them on hand, no matter how terrible they will be, I will certainly share with all of you......my first ever, experience, with a real lomography camera (so far I only playing around with my photoshop for the lomography effect LOL).

Have fun,

*_* Novita

No comments: